Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back in Tampa

Wow what a whirlwind of a weekend. The only day I woke up and went to bed in the same STATE was on Friday. Every other day, I was in transit. Excellent trip though. And here are a few reflections as I shut it down at work and prepare to get my puppy from "camp":

I *heart* rental cars. I never splurge for aesthetic reasons, I get cars that are functional and sized right. I appreciate having the ability to try out something that I might've otherwise never purchased. This time around, I had a Ford Fusion, which is a nice ride! My current car now feels like crap, and it's stirring up that desire to get something new. Too bad I'm allergic to car notes.

You reap what you sow. This principle has been proven time and time again, and the same happened over the weekend. A family member was in dire straits and, although I'm not ballin' or anything close to it, I sacrificed for someone who has sacrificed for me countless times. And let me tell you, I reaped the benefit of that the next day from yet another family member. I don't do things for reward or recognition. I was led to gift this person with the money and I was obedient. Thank God, because I am wanting for nothing right now.

I know I said I wouldn't do relationship stuff on this blog, but I really don't understand why an "ex" of sorts would visit MY MySpace page and leave a comment, knowing good and well that we haven't talked in eons. Oh and his profile pic is him proposing to his girlfriend...which is new, which is the ONLY reason he hit me up. People ain't slick. I'm not heartbroken over the proposal, I'm moreso pissed at him doing something so...jerky. (for lack of dirtier words...lol)

Aight I guess that's it for now. It's 4:00. Although I don't work in a school, my internal dismissal bell is ringing and I have to go.

3 comments:

ToshaRenelle said...

Hmm...while your EX was CLEARLY thinking of you to post on your comments on MySpace, you weren't giving him a second thought. He's a jerk, but feel sorry for the chick he's marrying. She's getting a guy who still feels the need to visit his ex-girl on myspace in an attempt to make her jealous or just be "assy". Whatever it was, he's the loser and you're clearly the WINNER!

The Black Kat said...

Ex=Foolywang! *sigh* A mess.

Yes, you definitely reap what you sow. You were definitely blessed by Nana! =o)

Unknown said...

I know that there will be something more deserving in your life that your ex. So just keep hope and there will be one day when you will really get this words.
cruise reviews