Friday, September 5, 2008

Becoming a convert...

I'm slowly becoming convinced that BlogSpot might just be better than Xanga. I've been snooping around people's blogs and I'm enjoying what I'm reading. I'll probably continue to be a lurker, but I have decided to follow a couple of blogs due to them being written by friends/people I know. Plus I'm following DO's blog because I'm intrigued about the life of a really ridiculously good-looking - yet surprisingly humble - professional track star. The places they get to go -- It's so interesting!

So I really don't have readers which isn't a bad thing. Once I joined Xanga and realized that people I knew were reading my blog, the content of my posts began to change. I found myself writing for comments instead of writing for the purpose OF the blog - to clear my head. I've laxed on that just a bit, but I am still cognizant that people I know (personally!) hop onto Xanga now and again. My purpose over here is to just let thoughts flow, no matter how nonsensical they are. The content may evolve over time, especially if I fully convert from Xanga, but for now, this is why I'm here.

I'm also going to try to stop blogging from the iPhone. As convenient as it may be, my grammar, spelling and punctuation take a MAJOR hit when I write entries from there. I can't have people stumbling upon this mug and be shocked to find out that I have a master's degree. (lol)

1 comment:

The Black Kat said...

I can't believe I MISSED all these blogs. *smh* You've got to set up you posts to be emailed to me. Sheesh!

Yeah... I wasn't that comfortable over here once I moved, but I am absolutely getting there. I now love it. Plus... you know I had madd commenters on xanga. It's nice to be starting out small & building back up. I, too, kind of didn't want a bunch of people I know reading. Actually... initially, I wanted only (3) people. *smh* With all the xang-bangin', the internet drive-by's & just all that craziness over there... a new, refreshing start was needed.

I have madd pages I read. Including David Oliver's now. =o) (Thx!) You should see my myspace page now. LMAO!