Monday, September 29, 2008

Mondays Suck!

In spite of the short week, I feel like running out of the front door, never to return again. Sometimes this working thing is totally overrated. Not to mention, I'm in my post-lunch slump right now. What I wouldn't give for a tall white mocha double shot, no whip, right now. But I've done VERY well with my Starbucks/caffeine weaning program. Since I last wrote about it, I've been to Starbucks twice: once last Monday morning and this past Saturday, while shopping in Orlando (it was a Frappuccino type Saturday). As far as the soda goes, I had a Pepsi last Sunday and a Pepsi Friday night at the debate party. Otherwise, it's been juice and water. I'm quite proud of myself.

****

I never appreciated the awesome shopping opportunities in Orlando until this past weekend. Sure, I've been there before and have gone shopping, but something was extra special about this past weekend. I visited two establishments I hadn't visited before; The Prime Outlets on the north end of I-Drive, and the Mall at Millenia. Seriously, I had been missing OUT! They have almost every store you could ever want, and then some. I'm not even a huge shopping freak - after all, I want to buy a home and I need to develop better saving habits - but I made an exception this weekend.

Speaking of which, I purchased the most expensive "clothing" item I've ever bought: a pair of Manolo Blahnik pumps. To some this may be no big deal, but I've NEVER been fashion-savvy enough to wrap my mind around spending *that* much on a pair of shoes. And although they were significantly marked down, they were still expensive. After almost having a panic attack about whether or not to buy them, I bit the bullet. And have been completely enlightened. I never knew the power of the "great shoe". I've bought cheap shoes my whole life, but to slip your foot into a designer shoe and wear it with a favorite dress? Made me feel spectacular. Nevermind that I was going to church -- lol -- I was fabulous and chic!! And they feel wonderful on my feet. Now I know what they mean when they say that certain shoes can make your feet happy. :-)

****

Add "Coke today", to that caffeine list. I actually nodded off at my desk. Never a good thing.

****

Last but not least...."Image of a Man" drops tomorrow!!!!!!:


2 comments:

ToshaRenelle said...

Should we start calling you Carrie Bradshaw, now?

Carla said...

lol you might need to. This might've been a VERY dangerous purchase!!!