Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Blogging Too Much....

Do I really have this much to say? Why can't I stop blogging?

I was thoroughly disappointed in last night's MTV Video Music Awards. MTV is beginning to look and act low-budget to me. Is the current state of music so poor that last night served as a representation of today's hotness? If so, I'm SO glad that I have an iPod. Double dose of Rihanna, Lil' Wayne - who I'll admit entertained me, (I missed TI), Kanye singing (yo..that's not your JOB. You are a RAPPER. RAP.), and a bunch of random groups that I never heard of. Britney Spears looked great - bad weave, but looked great - but did she deserve 3 VMAs? NOTHING better has dropped in the past twelve months? Wompadoodledoo!

I'm soooooo excited that it's September. The intolerable Florida heat is now behind us, and for me and my girl, "park season" has now begun. Now that the tourists have returned back to their regular school-year lives, the theme parks have emptied out. We plan to get back out there and start using those annual passes that we invested in. I can't wait for the next trip to Orlando!!!

This is probably a "you had to be there" moment, but I had the most hilarious conversation with my friends at dinner last night. My boy Marv and his cousin were talking about how Bluetooth headsets used to be the isht, and everyone who was everyone had one - until they realized that the sound quality is craptastic. How people act differently on a "Bluetooth" call than a regular phone call. How everything is so serious, so business-like. Slowly, everyone at the table began to admit that we all owned - or still own - a Bluetooth headset. Hijinks ensued after that. We're a bunch of conformists! lol

I forgot to hype up my peoples at AT&T. I checked my minute usage on Friday and noticed that I had one anytime minute left. ONE. Apparently I went out of town and, in my world, everyday was the weekend!!! Only, not so much. I talked waaay too much. So, I was prepared to live with one anytime minute until 9/19. Opened my bill on Saturday and low and behold, I had a remaining 350 anytime minutes from last month. I included rollover minutes in my plan when I got the iPhone, so I should've had 351 minutes left, right? I called customer service and very pleasantly explained the problem, stating that I elected the option of rollover and wanted to be sure that I was getting proper credit. Well, my friend on the other end agreed and said, "If i give you 1000 rollover minutes, will that hold you until the 19th?". Um, chia!!! I don't talk THAT much!!! So I ended that call with an extra 1000 minutes in my pocket and a new affinity for AT&T and my beloved iPhone.

4 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

Blogging is so addictive...

I didnt catch the VMA's but I'm sure they will be on a million more times before the year is over

its football season so my tail was glued to a game and glad to hear I didnt miss too much

Carla said...

Hey Eb, thanks for stopping through!

Yes, blogging is quite addictive. It seems I can't get off of this these websites....

Trust me girl, you didn't miss anything re: the VMAs. You might be surprised at how bored you are, once you finally watch them.

I can't wean myself from NCAA football enough to get into the NFL. I'm trying though.

The Black Kat said...

VMA's = WACKADOCIOUS!

And... yaay @ Add'l minutes! You were killin' me with that ONE minute left. *smh* Go iphone! I think I'm going to get one, myself.

Carla said...

I LOVE that you said "wackadocious", considering I used that very word yesterday in GMAIL Chat and my girl gave me approval on its usage. lol.

Yes, I *heart* AT&T right now for that one. You should definitely get an iPhone. I am a fan. A huge fan.