Sunday, September 14, 2008

She Pissed on my Flag....


OMG. The University of Michigan Wolverines stunk up the football field in South Bend, IN yesterday. They let the Notre Dame Fighting Irish beat them real good, with a final score of 35-17. At some points throughout the game, the Maize and Blue looked like a JV football team. 7 fumbles overall, three converted for ND points. It was awful. I'm surprised I watched as much as I did. I knew this season would be an interesting one, thanks to all new personnel, but thus far, it's been purely atrocious. However -- fairweather fan I am not. I'll stick behind my team 100%. I just might dog 'em every now and again.

My puppy must also be disgusted with Michigan's gameplay as well. She has a Michigan flag that she likes to play with and has done so since I adopted her. It used to be a flag for the car (primarily on gamedays), but I lost the plastic support that you place on the window. So it became her toy. This morning, she peed on the flag.

Speaking of Cha Cha, the child is pitiful. She had her spay/dewclaw removal surgery on Friday, so I've been nursing her all weekend. I don't even need to explain how pitiful she is...photos are evidence enough:



Anyway, all was not lost yesterday. Ohio State went to visit USC in Los Angeles and flew home with their butts in their hands. It was great. I was at a pool party with a bunch of folks from work, and ended up standing in the back room watching the game with all of the other fellas. (lol, I'm such a boy sometimes). I got great joy from Ohio State's inadequacy yesterday. Thank God not all was lost. *smile*

I'm so thankful for 6pm church service -- otherwise I wouldn't have made it today. I had to get that pink collar for my dog, because she was gnawing at her sutures. Not cool. If I spend another dime on her before the week's end, I might have a panic attack. I plan to tape the Browns/Steelers game in case I miss anything good before I get home.

Random side note: Does high-fructose corn syrup have such a bad rap that they felt the need to make commercials defending it?? I don't know if anyone else has caught these ads, with people warning loved ones/friends not to use it because it's so "bad". When the other person asks "how so", the corn syrup hater has no evidence. The defender then says "it's okay in reasonable amounts, after all it's made from corn!". Seriously??

No comments: