Saturday, August 30, 2008

For The Love of Dance

I'm in Cleveland, getting geared up to move to the next destination: Detroit. I had an amazingly fun time in my hometown yesterday. From seeing my former co-workers (there's a story there for Xanga), to going on a dinner cruise to capping off the night at salsa. I danced the night away, climbing back into my car with a nice cramp in my right thigh. Got to do those dances you never see in Florida: the Cleveland Shuffle, JB's Monorail and if course I got my Cupid Shuffle on. Then ran over to salsa where I was spun, dipped, and turned until my legs gave out. It really reminded me of how much I enjoy dancing. Debbie Allen I am not, but the pure joy I get from moving to music is something hard to replicate. I fell off from my salsa classes once I got my puppy, and there are no clubs in Tampa that offer the space, crowd, music and smokefree amosphere of The View. It made this entire Cleveland stop completely worth it.

And I have the blisters to prove it.

1 comment:

The Black Kat said...

Oh wow... sounds like my kind of partay!!!