Sunday, August 24, 2008

My first brain drain

Ok Kat, you happy? I've decided to start a fresh blog over here, although I'm still blogging regularly on Xanga. That blog tends to be on the extremely personal side, so expect nothing but randomness here. No relationship updates, etc. And brief entries..right now I'm blogging from my iPhone and have little patience for my subpar typing skills. So until I get better at this: few words. I'll just be sharing random things on a regular basis since I rarely talk on the phone, leaving my brain ready to explode with randomness. So here's a taste before I hit the hay.

Since I have been NBC's b$&@h ever since track&field started, this will be Olympics-centered.

1. Some of Bob Newmeyer's post-race interviews have been painfully uncomfortable to watch. He sticks that mic in the runners' faces and is all, "so, we all witnessed your Olympic dream completely shatter. Tell me what happened and how you feel about it. Do you even deserve to be here?". Terrible. Bob, I'mma need you to let me catch my breath and finish crying before I talk to your tail.

2. The 12 hour time difference sucks. The USA bball team plays for gold at 2:30am. Am I gonna stay up for that? Jesus says no.

3. It's funny how every event I watch makes me reconsider my life choices. For example, watching the sprinters makes me wish I hadn't abandoned track after two weeks due to shin splints. ((I opted for drama club. Less risk for injury). Watching diving makes me wish I hadn't been afraid of the water. Watching water polo makes me think..nothing.

4. My puppy snores. I think it's funny since it's occasional. She had the runs today due to eating her friend Ronnie's dog food like a POW just released from captivity. (we went to
visit Friday night). Doggie diarrhea is nasty and can really ruin a Saturday.

5. I wish there was an Olympic event for me. I'm almost 30, too old to seriously take up a new sport. So there should be an event that I'm already good at, i.e. Olympic salsa dancing.

6. I'm seriously thinking about traveling to London for the '12 games, depending on where I am in life. God willing I'll be married and have a kid, if not...I'm soooo in London.

No comments: