Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dueling Banjos

Blogging now, since I'll be traveling most of the evening and may not get an opportunity later. If so, I'll update this blog as I see fit. You see that I never got back here last night. Ah well.

One of the worst things about working in a hospital is hearing sounds and discussing things that are normally not very socially acceptable. The lady across the hall is hockin' up a loogie, sounds like. It's disgusting. Yet this is the soundtrack to my day. Pandora.com can't even drown out this foolishness.

I'm not trying to be rude, but yesterday I met a family straight out of the movie "Deliverance". If you haven't seen it, please do. You won't be right afterwards. And will probably never go camping with your friends either. All I can hear are the dueling banjos...*dododo do do do do do doooooo*. That, and the phlegm lady across the hall.

Why are certain words so nasty looking? I thought that as I typed "phlegm". It just makes you retch a little. "Pus" is another one. Ugh. Tell me you didn't react when you read it, prove my point.

I already blogged about Hillary's speech last night, and Sista Sew-In who just pooped in everyone's punch bowl on CNN immediately thereafter. Her speech was awesome. Hopefully Sis. Sew-In doesn't reflect the feelings of other Hillary supporters. (Please Lord)

Oh, for those who might be curious, that lady cut a nice chunk out of my toe. I have a french pedicure and big black dot on the tip of my toe where the blood coagulated. You should've seen the look on her face when we finished. She looked like a puppy who just pooped in my favorite shoes. I got the french for free due to the fact that I left with an open wound, but her tip was shorted. A ruder person wouldn't have tipped at all, but that's just not in me. The rest of the pedicure is beautiful. I just feel pain in my toe. I should've taken a picture to post here. If I wasn't at work and didn't have manners, I'd do just that.

I'm sure I'll be back. It's far too early to not have other random thoughts to share.

No comments: