Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Night Drain

I can't believe the weekend is over. Far too fast, far too unproductive. I partially blame Cha Cha and her Hershey squirts.

I just finished watching the American men's volleyball team collect their gold medals. Nevermind that I teared up every time an American won gold...or anyone for that matter...but this one was particularly tear-jerking because the coach's father-in-law was murdered in Beijing two weeks ago. Gah. After all he went through, he deseved a medal. Now I'm about to watch the closing ceremony.

Went to church this morning, but that little light of mine was NOT shining. Puppy got me up waaaaaay too early and I skipped breakfast, so I was hungry and sleepy. Not a good combo. Went to Waffle House after service. There my joy was restored.

The Chinese sho' do know how to put on a fireworks show.

Missed the bball game last night, obviously. It's ok. They won. I just want to see if Lebron cried like he said he would. I had an interesting convo with my friend though, regarding whether the players would rather have an NBA championship or a gold medal?

I'm gonna miss the Olympics. Sniff.

The national anthem for Great Britian is the same tune as "My Country Tis of Thee"? Who knew.

3 comments:

The Black Kat said...

David Oliver's girl in da house! Whoot... whoot! lmao!

Um... USA Gold in Volleyball... triumphant end to a tragic beginning. I'm sure the coach is filled w/ mixed emotions. But... it was indeed a treat to see each person get the gold. Although I'm convinced that USA got robbed in women's gymnastics far too many times for there not to be some obvious favoritism. *sigh*

I stayed up & watched the game. LeBron didn't cry... but them jokers were BEYOND happy! It was like a bunch of 12th graders who just won the state championship- happy. A treat to see, indeed. Although seeing Chris Paul in ANY capacity is a treat to me!! =o)

By the way... THIS is what a comment looks like. You should try it sometime! =o) Lol! Love you, girl! And welcome back! Sort of. Obviously I'll still check in on xanga. Until you create a second blog under you profile & make that one your protected one, like I did. *smile*

Carla said...

Okay, you are a messy mess for the first comment!

I told you, I bookmarked your blog. Now I can comment freely from the iPhone. Yay technology!

I'm convinced the Chinese cheated in the 'nastics. They need to run a DNA test, carbon dating, whatevah. They cheated. Strip the golds and give them to the American girls. If they can throw Marion Jones in the clink for doping, they can take the medals away from those toddlers in leotards.

The Black Kat said...

Lmao! Yup... but only messy over Oliver! =o)