Monday, October 13, 2008

The Weekend

Okay, since Miss TOSHA fussed me out on Facebook (lol), I GUESS I'll log an entry as a follow-up to my prior post. But I have something more pressing to discuss first.

Like...

WHAT THE KCUF IS WRONG WITH THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINES?!?! We lost to TOLEDO on Saturday. TOLEDO. This season has gone to hell faster than OJ Simpson in gasoline draws. My boys in blue, once a football powerhouse among not only the Big Ten, but throughout the NCAA, now have us wondering if we'll even see a bowl game come December/January. My friend is flying to Michigan from LA for a game next month (versus Northwestern), and is afraid that we'll end up with another hash mark in the "L" column. WTF! I don't know this team. I'll still support them, still rock my maize and blue, but I have ZERO trash to talk when time comes for the almighty matchup with Ohio State. *facepalm*

Ok, so onto the blind date that I was anxious about when I wrote the last post. We met up at the local Bahama Breeze restaurant on Friday night. He told me what he'd be wearing, so I spotted him immediately. I really didn't want to be there, by the way. I'm so not into this type of thing. Anyway, my co-worker exaggerated a little when she said he doesn't look "anything close to 47". To me, he totally did. How do I describe him -- tall, regular build, mustache, thinning brown hair, crooked smile. He's a nice guy, but I felt no attraction whatsoever. First thing he said was "I already knew what you'd look like." I looked at him like he had 5 heads, and he admitted that he tracked me down on MySpace and saw my page. (sorry, but that was weird to me). I asked how that was possible, as my page is privatized, and he said that he punched in my first and last name and just saw my profile pic. Oh, okay. But still...:-/. Conversation was unremarkable. Like I said, nice guy, no attraction. It's clear he has money -- he mentioned that he owns several rental properties in Tampa, works from home, and flossed a $100 bill to pay for our appetizers and drinks, but money isn't enough for me. I think we could be cool, but I have no romantic interest.

So, the date wasn't as horrible as my Facebook status made it seem, I'm just over the "blind" introductions. I'd rather meet someone the way I always have -- in person. OR, if I'm gonna be set up, let it be by someone who knows me and what makes me tick. Less uncomfortable dinner meetings will occur that way.

2 comments:

ToshaRenelle said...

Put me on blast, whydon'tcha?! LOL!

FIRST, GO GREEN GO WHITE, GO STATE :p

Umm...so it was a bust just because...He didn't even sound attractive from the description. How long did you stick around, and did you have an exit speech prepared? LOL!

Carla said...

MSU? Seriously??

(lol)

Yeah, I wasn't feelin' it. I showed my girl his picture -- thanks to MySpace -- and she said that he isn't bad looking. Maybe not, but I wasn't feelin' him. I politely stayed 'til the end, since he wasn't being gross or offensive. I had plans with the girls in case it all went bust, but it was okay. There's just no "spice" there, at ALL.