Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Matter of Principle

I'm home on Saturday night. But not by my doing. And I'm pissed about it, so I'm here to vent.

Back in July, I made a conscious decision to give the Tampa nightlife a rest for a minute. I told my friends - coworkers/party animals - that I've never been one to go out EVERY weekend and I needed to slow down. I haven't gone clubbing or bar-hopping with them since. In the meantime, they've all grown extremely closer and have formed this "Charlie and the Angels" clique. I mean, it's fine that I'm not an "angel". I'd probably be known as "Conservative Angel" anyway.

But I digress. The "gangleader" of sorts/aka Event Planner recently had a birthday. She went out of town for her actual birthday, so told me several weeks ago that tonight we'd be going out to celebrate. She said that she is finally growing tired of clubbing, and wanted to initially go to the Clearwater Jazz Festival. I was like "chia, that's more like it!". That changed to a jazz lounge shortly thereafter, which was cool too. Then, earlier this week, it changed yet again to dinner in Ybor City and plans to-be-determined. (The Rays game is tonight, so they wanted to go somewhere to watch it). I pouted a little, but I said I'd be willing to hang no matter what. My weekend was nicely planned.

So, earlier today I got a text from "Gangleader" stating that she hadn't heard from her current love interest, was in a funk, and was therefore cancelling dinner. Cancelling a bday celebration over a ni99a? Really? Okay. I replied and told her that I hoped she felt better soon. And I decided to make it a Blockbuster night instead of finding an alternate plan. The first meeting of my new book club was at 7pm, but since I hadn't even PURCHASED the book, I held to my previous RSVP of "no, sorry I can't make it, prior commitment". So I've been home watching a million movies and going heads up with this puppy -- who is pooping out her food every hour, on the hour. I was so frustrated that I brought out my glass and this berry mojito mix I had in the fridge. Yes, my dog drove me to alcohol. So, I was gulping that and starting to feel good, when by happenstance I checked MySpace. And, Gangleader's MySpace status had been changed to:

"I am going to Ybor tonight to hang out with the fam for my birthday!"

I immediately texted this broad and said "saw your myspace status. I thought everything was cancelled. Y'all went out anyway"?

Her: "Ya we at karaoke I needed to be out"

Me: "U must've forgot to tell me. I was planning to kick it with yall tonight"

Her: "Come through it was a last min thing my bad I was in a funk"

(at this point I'm fuming, because clearly her funk didn't prevent her from calling/texting the remainder of the "crew" to tell them PARTY ON!)

Me: "I'm good. It's too late, I'm settled. Have fun" (that's so my personality -- passive-aggressive like a mug)

Her: "my bad we'll do it again soon"

(mind you she said that last time they went to karaoke and they didn't call me)

I'm so done. Although I'm bored stiff and NEEDED a few hours away from this puppy, I'll be dammmmmmed if I get up, shower and dress at 11pm because I was a friggin' AFTERTHOUGHT. Nigga please! If you WANTED me there, you would've included me in the text flurry you initiated once you decided to go out. Don't invite me out once I call you on your glaring omission. And don't think for a minute that I'm going to drop everything and come out the next time you are gracious enough to extend me an invitation. WTFever dude.

Whooosahhhhh.

Time for another glass of the berry yumminess.

5 comments:

The Black Kat said...

As I recently saw in the comments of another blog I read (about Beyonce's new song/video):

What the fcukitty fcuk fcuk?!!?!

Okay... homegirl was DEAD WRONG! I mean really. Clearly she has some sort of foolish issue w/ you. As you don't text a cancellation & then forget to text the "It's Back On & Poppin'" message, as well. Fcuk that! I was hella pissy reading this mess from my phone in my bed this morning. Grrrr... Yeah, she definitely gets the big... ----> NEXT! I was madd as heck! No ma'am! You don't do MY CARLA like that. She is officially a H.A.M. for that. And clearly STILL salty that you chose to stop hanging out w/ them way back when. She gets the LOSER tramp stamp of the day. ESPECIALLY when you had time to update your MySpace status, but not enough time to phone? Getdafukkouttahere with that non-sense. Chick got my blood pressure up, right now. Ugh!

P.S. Sorry in advance for all the cuss words. Grrr...

The Black Kat said...

P.S.S. I might come out there for Super Bowl weekend! =o) So I'm calling shotgun on the couch!

Carla said...

Kat ~ thank you. You've encapsulated every emotion I was feeling that night, that's why you're my girl! I was so ticked off, I'm glad you were able to feel me on that. Question is, why do I keep running into people like this?!?!

You've got a spot for the Super Bowl, just let me know for sure!

Treasure said...

Ooooh girl I know how you feel I have sooooo been there before. I was passive aggressive in the situation too...I have too much pride to be anything else when people pull that type of sh*t. Anyway it looks like you made a new friend and had some fun at the football game anyway so yaaaay for you....And about "Ms. No call, no text"...fu*k her and four people who look like her! There was no need to exclude you.

Carla said...

Treasure, I completely agree (of course)! :) I didn't want to look "crazy" or unable to deal by going off on her, so I played it cool and fussed about it to anyone else who would listen. lol. There are better friends out there, so why sweat the bull???