Monday, October 20, 2008

Follow-Up

So, after being hot like fire on Saturday night, I eventually calmed down. I thank this blog and my girl Ashley on Yahoo IM for talking me out of fury. lol. I spoke with the offender this morning; she called to ask me a work question. She apologized for Saturday night, explaining that one of the "crew" "forced" her to go out and she didn't initiate it. I calmly explained how her actions - or, inaction - left several of us feeling angry and excluded (at least two of us, cuz the girl I went out with last night was also supposed to go). I had nothing else to say. She continued to explain, I didn't reply because I wasn't trying to cause an argument. She knows how I feel. Issue closed.

Last night I attended my first-ever NFL game. The Buccaneers played the Seahawks. We scored tickets from my co-worker, whose husband has season tix. One of the girls from work, a 40-something-recently-separated-about-to-get-divorced-new-Tampa-resident, had asked me last week if I was into football. She's looking for someone to attend games with, and I was down for the cause. So when the tickets became available, we were all over it. Even though the game was at 8:15pm. After putzing around Tampa all day with Cha Cha (and consuming some schlammin' jambalaya, courtesy of my auntie), I met Brenda at her house in South Tampa. Yo dude, that's where the well-off folks live. We rode over to her sister's house, literally down the street, as her husband was going to drop us off at the stadium and save us a parking charge (good lookin' out!). Their house was ridiculous. A Mediterranean style home with gigantic doors, and the inside had an open floor plan, with tiled floors and a huge kitchen with your standard stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. I was blown away.

Anyway, we went to the game and had fun. I wish I had an exciting story to go with this (lol). The seats were in section 300, row B, right on the 50 yard line. We were in the sky, but had a great view. It's funny sitting with season ticket holders; they all know each other and are sooooooooooo serious about everything. But, they were cool. Somehow we got seated right behind two Seahawks fans, and although they didn't have much to cheer about, when they did, the chick would get up and start screaming and get glared at by everyone else in our section. However, they spent most of their time shaking their heads. There was a scary moment in the second quarter, when receiver Ike Hilliard was railed by two Seahawks defenders and was out cold for about 2 minutes. I almost started crying when he got up and walked himself to the cart, considering EMS and the backboard were already out on the field. What a relief, I hate to see that stuff. Then, those Seattle jerks challenged the call and Hilliard was charged with a fumble.

There was some random older lady in our section talking to all of the security guards and cameramen. A definite Botox and collagen consumer, this lady was bleach blonde, had huge boobs and was wearing stilettos. At a football game. Brenda and I were trying to figure her out. I don't know why she was trying to schmooze the guards...perhaps to meet a player? But, why in section 300? She was ridiculous.

This was my first time hanging out with Brenda -- she's definitely cool and we had some laughs. I don't know that she'll be a BFF type, but she's cool. I got real sleepy around the third quarter, (dude, it was like 10pm), so I got quiet. She is all about trying to kick it, already asking me what I'm doing this upcoming weekend. I have plans on Saturday...more co-worker stuff, hopefully this one won't cancel on me like the last...but I'm sure I'll hang with her more in the future.

Back to work I go.

2 comments:

The Black Kat said...

Yaay for football games! And FREE tixs! I love it! Yes, season ticket holders get all clickish & things. It's cute. They'll be lookin' like... 'Um... who are you?' when you're not the regular click, at times, but them jokers are usually sooo much fun! Glad you have the option of going again AND... even watching in luxury on the flat screen at the fat crib! That's what's up!

Glad ol' girl had at least the decency to apologize & explain. She's still wack, though. Cause whether or not she "initiated" the "forcibly" going out... she STILL knew she was going, at some point or another. Grrr...

Carla said...

YAY for football games indeed! But I don't know a thing about free tickets...I paid for mine!! The guys next to us did ask how we copped the tickets though, as they were accustomed to seeing a white man and a little boy sitting there. lol

God must've been trying to get me to calm down, b/c I saw ol' girl in the elevator on my way home yesterday. She's definitely on my wack list, but we kept it cordial. Like I said before: had she not updated her MySpace, I never would've known. Smooth move on her part.