Monday, November 17, 2008

Randomness

I'm back! I can't tell you why it's taking me a week to blog over here, when my daily existence has been pretty much non-stop. I need to clear my thoughts, so here we go:

** Did anyone see Barack and Michelle on "60 Minutes" last night? They are the most adorable married couple!! They talked about the car he drove during law school, the one with the hole in the floor on the passenger side, and he remarked that she didn't marry him for his money. (cute!) He lamented about his inability to take a walk outside anymore, and said he'd love to take Michelle for a walk, to which she cutely replied, "It's too cold, I'm not walking anywhere with you!". I love them!

** I think it's exceptionally rude when you're exiting an elevator and the person/people waiting to get on don't wait for the elevator to empty first. The elevator ain't goin' nowhere as long as people are in it, dummy.

** My home inspection was this past Friday. It was almost perfect, save an electrical outlet with a non-operational bottom half. Not bad, if you ask me.

** "Saw V". Eh. Meh. Went to see it on Saturday. More of the same, summed up the story, but didn't pack the punch of "Saw". **SPOILER ALERT** When Jigsaw got up off the floor in "Saw", I almost eliminated on myself. That was the craziest thing I'd ever seen.**END SPOILER ALERT**

** I'm starving. My stomach is about to eat itself. And I've recently learned that my stomach doesn't agree with the cream stuffing of Oreo cookies, which is a pretty life-altering thing.

** I didn't know that housebreaking a dog would take this long. Today is Cha Cha's 7 month birthday and she's still having a piss festival on my kitchen floor. And occasionally on the carpet.

** My newest obsession: interior design. I'm trying to nail down the perfect colors for my new walls. I know I have plenty of time to do this, but waiting has never been my strong suit.

** I don't consider myself a fan of Beyonce. I don't own a single one of her CDs, nor any of Destiny's Child stuff. The only Beyonce songs I have on my iPod are "Crazy in Love" and "Listen" (from "Dreamgirls"). I dogged the "Single Ladies" video when I first saw it. But I'll be doggoned, that girl can perform. I have some weird no-homo fascination with her. I DVRed SNL this past weekend so I could watch her perform (and I'm glad I did; the "Dance Biscuits" sketch with her and Justin Timberlake made me laugh so loud that my dog ran in the room to see what was wrong with me). I watched her interview with Oprah last week, along with the performance. And whenever I hear "Single Ladies", it stays in my head for two days.

2 comments:

ToshaRenelle said...

I am Bey's Number One Fan, hands down! LOL! I LOVE HER. She's contagious, definitely the "Tina Turner" of today and she is an amazing performer. She's dedicated, follows through and delivers. I think the media is overkill with her, but she's such a Super Star, it comes with the territory, I guess. Mad I missed SNL, Youtube here I come.

Watching/Listening to last night's 60 Minutes, right now. I am obsessed with Mickey O and our President-Elect, LOL!

Carla said...

LOL I was waiting for you to say something in Bey's defense. I know you love her, and I honestly CAN understand why. Watching her on SNL totally reminded me of Tina Turner. I don't know about this whole "Sasha Fierce" thing, but hey, to each her own. PLEASE watch SNL, especially the sketch with JT. In fact, if you check my facebook, I posted the link in my status last night.