Friday, November 7, 2008

Offer Day

I'm a spaz today. My agent submitted my offer for the townhouse last night. She spent all day writing up the offer and researching the property, and she learned that the home has been on the market for a year (!) and the current owners only owe $97,000 on their mortgage. As a result, we dropped my offer price by $10,000 -- considering they would make a profit, regardless. She came over last night to go over the offer, line by line, and had me sign it. In the offer, the closing date is set for December 19, 2008 and we gave them until tomorrow at 7pm to accept or counter. She faxed it over to the seller's agent when she got home last night.

I began to freak out on Tuesday, when the mortgage company emailed me a pre-approval letter and good faith estimate on the home (at full price). My eyes almost bugged out of my head looking at the monthly payment, until I spoke with my mother and she helped diffuse my anxiety by reminding me that a) I probably won't pay full price in a buyer's market b)interest rates can fluctuate dramatically c) and the monthly payment is very close to where I said I wanted to be (once you remove the HOA fees). Whoo-sahhh. Okay I was feeling better, so I told Monique to go ahead and move forward.

So, the offer is officially made! I have the phone next to me, in case we hear back today. I can barely focus. My stomach is in knots! But I'm excited!

I think I'm going to be sick.

(lol)

Pray for me, if that's something you do!

1 comment:

ToshaRenelle said...

You're almost there, Carla! YAYYY!